Bennie is passionate about the Brangus breed for the following reasons:
- It is very a docile breed; the animals have an exceptional temperament.
- The Brangus combines the superior traits of the Angus (5/8) and the Brahman (3/8). From the Angus it retained its superior carcass and milking qualities while its Brahman inheritance ensures disease resistance and hardiness, amongst others.
- The Brangus polls genetically, which is more cost-effective.
- Low birth weight combined with high growth rate.
- High fertility.
- The meat quality is scientifically proven to be among the best.
- The breed is adaptable and can be found as far and wide as Namibia and the Kalahari to the Eastern Free State and KwaZulu-Natal. The breed originated in America but since its introduction to South Africa in 1963 it has adapted to local conditions seamlessly.